Saturday, September 17, 2011

Feeling Sorry For Myself

Don't know why, but I'm feeling a bit low yesterday and today.  Felt OK when I got up yesterday but by the time I had breakfast I was feeling yucky, so I went back to bed.  Wanted to feel OK to go out for Susan's birthday.  Not sure what time I went to bed, but as I hadn't even got up until fairly late it must have been nearly lunchtime.  Slept most of the rest of the day until about 3:30 when I got up and had a shower. Felt better than I did in the morning.  Before I knew it it was time to head into Bairnsdale.
Susan had picked the Terminus for her birthday dinner.  Her guests were Mum and Jim, us, John and Trish, Jen, Adam, Tiffy and Judy.  Had met them all before except Judy who is another cast member of Dixie Swim Club.
I probably shouldn't have gone, because by the time we left home I was feeling really yuck - but I wanted to help Susan celebrate her birthday.  I deided to have a maxalon to try to ease the nausea I was feeling.  I also only ordered a serve of duck liver pate for my meal - just couldn't face anything else.  I ate it very slowly, and was feeling a bit better by the time I had finished it.  It was quite nice, but not as good as the pate I had at the Shamrock.
Wasted some money on the pokies - but got about an hour's worth of button pushing for our $20.  Then wasted $2 on the lolly machine because it didn't recognise the 2nd $1 coin Bill put in and seemed to be on a very fast timer before the $1 it did recognise ran out of time.  Had never noticed they were on a timer before, so maybe just this machine.
Home about 9:30 and I went straight to bed, feeling a bit off again.
Don't know whether it is the patch making me crook, or because I'm only taking 4mg zofran because Dr. Joshi prescribed the lower dose.  I decided to give it a try since the Xeloda hasn't been making me crook.  But with the morphine patch maybe I need the 8mg zofran.
Slept fairly well last night, but woke up feeling a bit off this morning.  Didn't want to get out of bed, and had a bit of a sook before I did get up.  So, as the title says - I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment