Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Candle for my Dad

Tonight I lit a candle for my Dad.  He was cremated today. This afternoon I wrote him a letter, explaining exactly why I couldn't be close to him, but also thanking him for the good memories and my love of music.  I told him I did / do love him, and that I have always remembered him as my Dad, even though we weren't close.
After lighting the candle I played "Abide With Me" by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Dad had told me when I was a child that he wanted it played at his funeral.  I read the letter, and I looked at photos of Dad.  Then I took the candle outside onto the verandah and used it to light the letter.  So, I had my own private little ceremony to mark the passing of my Dad.  RIP Dad.

"Abide With Me" by the Choir ofKing's College, Cambridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment